I don’t know if I have any readers left out there in cyberspace, but since I was put on sick leave on the 21st May I have been trying to spend as much time as possible in a horizontal position and it’s difficult to blog from there… However, I was told by the doctor yesterday that it looks quite ok for the moment so I am daring to be a bit adventerous and sit up for a while!
I read today on a blog friend’s blog that her son had asked her to make his favourite banana pancakes for his school summer party, and the recipe just happens to be mine!! Her blog post reminded me that I wanted to write about the wonderful blog world:
My blog turned 6 years a few weeks ago and even though I am not a very active blogger anymore, I still read all my favourite blogs and just like my pancake-making friend above, I am reminded every day of the blog community as many of the people I have met through the blog are now my friends on Facebook. Also, the blog world has meant that:
- I have met xx number of bloggers when travelling (New York, Virginia, California, Copenhagen, Stockholm, southern Sweden, and Brussels of course)! And of course this has also meant lots of great travel suggestions!
– We have hosted blog friends who came to Puerto Rico to visit!
– I still can’t believe that I missed the big Swedish blog meeting here in Brussels on the 10th September 2011 as I just happened to be in labour!
– I have had long skype talks with one dear blog friend whom I still haven’t met IRL but hoping to do so one day
– I was given advice on how to proceed to get a Swedish passport for my new-born son (born here in Brussels) by a blog reader
– and through the same blog reader I was introduced to a mother-baby group here in Brussels and through that group made new friends (and my son got some of his first friends!), got breast-feeding support when my son was losing weight at 2 months old, my new doctor was recommended through this group and today I just had a delivery of 5 books to read while resting from the wonderful midwife Jo who runs the group – all which would not have happened if I didn’t have a blog!
– My son V got lots and lots of wonderful presents when he was born from my dear blog friends, some of them I haven’t even met IRL.
– and maybe the most amazing of all: one of my blog friends is going to become OUR NEIGHBOUR!!! (I will let her announce that herself when she’s ready to go public…)
So all in all, the blog world has given me lovely friends, support and information as well as entertainment and distraction when life has been rough…
Thanks everyone and I hope to continue blogging, even if as sporadically as lately.