Friday’s theme was chosen by Anna in Stockholm and as it was our Irish guests’ last day in the Caribbean, I decided to not spend time on blogging… However, better late than never😉
So, if I were a man for one day, I would:
- be a considerate man who always took care of my loved ones
- love Ikea and be able to spend hours looking at furniture, try out the sofas, understand that you always need an extra basket, box of candles or … napkins, anybody?
- cook delicious meals and desserts, and have a special obsession for cooking Chicken Tikka Masala
- carry my wife’s best friend’s baby up a mountain in Swedish Lapland, and always play with friends’ children
- be able to spend time with my wife’s girlfriends and not be afraid of girls’ talk
- be patient enough to explain to my wife + her girlfriends who all the famous Spanish people are in the Hola (Hello) magazine that I would read every Sunday during the weekly fika at Border’s
- love watching Swedish films with English subtitles, and not complain about watching Mamma Mia (and realising that the film was great!)
- suggest to my wife that we should go clothes shopping for her and be an expert in picking out beautiful shoes, dresses and handbags (and tell her that the shoes and handbag should be matching)
- complain a little about the wife’s need to buy books all the time but still indulge her
- make up sweet nicknames for wife and know that cuddling is very important – several times a day
- answer the wife’s phone when she feels too nervous about speaking Spanish
- make the wife laugh every day
- be full of ideas and suggestions to everyone who might need [or not need] them
- be a calm contrast to the impulsive wife
- realise that there is no point in getting annoyed with little things in relationships and be able to laugh when wife is cranky (or himself for that matter)
- not mind nagging wife who keeps asking about the status of visas, future move back to Europe etc
- be a very masculine man despite all the above🙂
- and sometimes have just a little problem with putting dirty socks in the laundry basket…
I would, in other words, be O – the most wonderful man ever!
Other Friday theme bloggers:
Anki, Anna, Anne, Anne-Marie, Annika, Aurorabuddha, Barbamorsan, Cecilia, Desiree, Inga-Britt, Jemayá, Kicki, Leopardia, Lia, Lullun, Marianne, Marie, Marina, Millan, MKB, Nilla, Nina, Petra, Saltis, Simone, Strandmamman, Ulrika, Victoria and 30+ kvinna in the city.