Today I thought a list would be in order – I copied it from Anna in Stockholm and funnily enough quite a few of her answers were applicable also on me! Enjoy!
1. How old are you in five years? 38
2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today? No one yet – hopefully O when he comes home tonight!
3. How tall are you? 168 cm
4. What was the last film you saw? “Beck” on TV; haven’t been to the cinema for a few months now (ha ha, I just copied Anna’s answer here – we actually watched a Beck (Swedish police series) film on dvd yesterday!)
5. Who did you last call? No-one, I should call our neighbour today as she still has my keys and the mail from the last two months – but I need to build up motivation to speak Spanish! And then I should call my French friend E and the Alliance Francaise in French…
6. Who last called you? My Spanish teacher – I’m starting my Spanish lessons again tomorrow at 08 in the morning…
7. Do you prefer to call or send text messages? Text messages as I’m not a phone person, but it depends… (ha ha, once again Anna’s answer)
8. Are your parents married or divorced? Married since 1974 (just like Anna’s parents)
9. When did you last see your mum? On Sunday morning at 06.22 when my parents waved goodbye to me at Malmö station on my way to Copenhagen airport
10. What colour are your eyes? Green
11. When did you wake up today? 9 o’clock, but I was of course also awake at 06.30 when O got up – I always wake up and say goodbye to him
12. What is your favourite Christmas song? Fairytale of New York with The Pogues and Kirsty McColl
13. What is your favourite place? Anywhere with O or the summerhouse in Sweden or my now deceased father’s uncle’s house in Switzerland
14. What is your least favourite place? Security check in airports – too stressful!
15. Where do you think you are in ten years’ time? I have no idea! Hopefully Europe, maybe Spain?
16. What scared you at night when you were a child? My reoccurring nightmares
17. What made you last laugh? Some of O’s comments
18. How big is your bed? 1,80 American style! In Brussels we have a 1,40 bed and it was the perfect size for us.
19. Do you have a desktop or laptop computer? I have one laptop which is now 5 years old, and O has two + his work laptop – I would prefer that we had less laptops and a printer instead!
20. Do you sleep with or without clothes? With clothes even if it does get a little hot sometimes in the Caribbean – we never sleep with the AC on and no duvet, just a sheet. This morning I was actually a little cold and tried to fight O for the cover (I think he was actually lying on top of it and not using it!)
21. How many pillows do you have in your bed? 5 – two each even though O never really uses his second one + an extra one that I sometimes hug
22. What countries have you visited? Sverige, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Latvia, Poland, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Luxembourg, UK (England, Scotland and Wales), Ireland, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Malta, Greece, Bosnia Herzegovina, Czech Republic, Morocco, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, USA, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Canada, Trinidad & Tobago, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore
23. What cities/places have you lived in? Veberöd, Chandler’s Ford (UK), Geneva (x2), Linköping, Lund, Venice, Padova, Brussels and San Juan
24. Not on the list
25. Are you social? Yes in certain situations while I can also be shy if I don’t feel entirely comfortable
26. What is your favourite ice-cream? Straciatella (vanilla ice cream with pieces of chocolate) or frozen yoghurt (the two flavours I would always get when living in Italy!)
27. What is your favourite dessert? I am not a big dessert person but I will sneak a bite or two from O’s Dame Blanche (vanilla ice cream, cream and warm chocolate sauce)
28. Do you like Chinese food? Prefer Thai and Indian (Anna’s answer!)
29. Do you like coffee? Yes but I don’t drink it every day
30. What do you drink for breakfast? Water in Puerto Rico, tea and Proviva in Sweden
31. How do you sleep (side, back, stomach)? Side
32. Do you know how to play poker? Nope and not interested in learning…
33. Do you like getting cozy/cuddling? Of course!
34. Are you an addicted person? Addicted to the internet among other things 😉
35. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you? Yes, my Spanish ex-colleague’s wife but she’s one year younger than I. We celebrated our birthdays together in 2004
36. Do you want children? Yes, two or three and hopefully soon
37. Do you know other languages than English [the language you are writing in]? Swedish (mother tongue), French, Italian and Spanish – unfortunately I can’t really speak Italian anymore since the Spanish has taken over my brain!
38. Have you even been in an ambulance? Yes, after I fell when cycling on black ice in Linköping – it turned out I had only sprained my ankle but they thought that I had broken my leg…
39. Do you prefer the ocean or a pool? The ocean of course! But not too fond of very high waves so I hardly ever swim in San Juan, unfortunately
40. What do you prefer to spend money on? Travel, houseware and design (Anna’s answer again, I am such a copy-cat)
41. Do you own any precious jewelery? My “whatever”-ring that O gave me in November last year…
42. What are your favourite programmes on TV? Old shows such as Sex and the City, The Gilmore Girls + ER (last episode shown on American tv on 2nd April I learnt yesterday from the Ellen show!), Desperate Housewives and Grey’s Anatomy + HGTV (interior design channel)
43. Can you roll your tongue? Nope, don’t have that gene
44. Who is the funniest person you know? I don’t know, O makes me laugh every day but he might not be funny in other people’s eyes
45. Do you sleep with cuddly toys? No, I used to sleep with my cuddly seal called Umbrella…
46. What is your mobile phone ringtone? The most normal one
47. Do you still have any of your baby clothes? Yes, in my parents’ attic
48. Dog or cat? Prefer dogs but never had one. Don’t trust cats. My MIL absolutely hates dogs with a vengeance, which really annoys me!
49. Do you flirt a lot? Depends on the situation – when I was single probably more, ha ha
50. Can you change the oil in the car? Nope
51. Have you ever got a speeding ticket? Nope
52. What was the last book you read? Shake hands with the devil by Roméo Dallaire
53. The best book you have read? I can never think of a favourite book but among the ones I really like; Crime and Punishment, Pride and prejudice, some Joyce Carol Oates books etc
54. Do you subscribe to a weekly or monthly magazine? No, I used to subscribe to Sköna Hem (a Swedish interior design magazine) when I lived in Brussels but it would just be too expensive to have it delivered across the Atlantic
55. Do you dance in the car? Eh, no…
56. What was the last radio station you listened to? Very rarely listen to the radio
57. What was the latest you wrote down on paper? “Potatoes” on the shopping list
58. When did you last go church? Probably Easter 2007 in Spain
59. Who was your favourite teacher in 7-9th grade (“junior high”)? Didn’t have a favourite teacher in the 7th-9th grade, I changed schools three times (7th grade: England, half of 8th grade Veberöd and then Eslöv) and actually didn’t have very good teachers
60. How long have you camped in a tent? 2 nights I think, the summer after my high school graduation my two best girlfriends from school + two guys drove to Gothenburg and camped. At Werchter, (rock festival in Belgium) in 2000 I refused to sleep in a tent and slept in the car instead!