It looks like I will be house-bound for the next few days, maybe just as well as there is a smog warning for Brussels… I went to the hospital yesterday, got an x-ray on my knee which was then provided with a very attractive (not!) leg brace.
Next Monday I have an appointment for a ostéo-articulaire scanner (magnetröntgen, gissar jag) and afterwards I will meet with a specialist. Fingers crossed that I will have good news!
Random Belgian news today:
- The smog warning in Belgium means that the speed limits have been reduced to 90 km/h on certain motorways and to 50 km/h in the city of Brussels. You would think that 50 km/h would be a normal speed limit in a city…
- A Belgian judge released a drug trafficker discovered at Brussels airport with several kilos of cocaine. Why? He, the judge, didn’t have access to a car to drive to the prison nor a computer in order to proceed with the hearings!
- One of the Belgian tennis stars, Justine Henin, has announced her retirement after a string of injuries.
- The Belgian politicians Elio di Rupio and Bart de Wever are once again meeting with the Belgian king, Albert II, to try to solve the Belgian political crisis… Still no Belgian government after the 2010 elections on the 13th June. Good luck!
- Wercher rock festival in July has sold out the Saturday tickets. The newspapers call it the Coldplay-effect…
Note to self: I should really read the Belgian newspapers more often…🙂