This Q & A has circulated on several blogs, most recently I saw it on Lia’s blog…
* How old are you in five years’ time?
Oh, the scary thought – I will be
39 40 and 7 months!
* Who was the last person you met?
My two best French friends in Brussels – S and C for Sunday lunch. We went to a great place called La maison du peuple, which has a nice atmosphere and food. Unfortunately their cappuccino was really bad!?
* How tall are you?
* Which was the last film you saw?
Yesterday I saw the great The Way Back, I would definitely recommend it!
* Who was the last person you called?
French C to organise the Sunday lunch plans. Last person who called me was my mother-in-law but I missed her call!
* What did your last text message say and to whom?
My last text message was for O who is on a business trip in Singapore. It said “Sweetness in February” and showed a picture of a present he will get when he gets home next weekend.
* What are today’s plans?
Vacuum-clean and do laundry but first publish this blog post.
* Do you prefer to call or send a text message?
Depends, usually I prefer sending a text message (or an email!).
* Are your parents married, living together (without being married) or divorced?
They have been married for 37 years this summer!
* When was the last time you saw your mother?
The 10th January, we left for Brussels just a few hours after my grandmother’s funeral.
* Which colour do your eyes have?
* When did you wake up today?
First at 8 o’clock, I called O and he told me that he was out walking in Singapore taking lots of photos. Then I fell back to sleep and woke up again at 9.45.
* Have you ever found a cat?
* Which is your favourite place?
Skåne and the old summerhouse that my maternal grandparents built in the 1950’s. Also I love the Geneva lake in Switzerland, where my father’s uncle used to live.
* Which is your least favourite place?
The luggage belt in an airport! People always behave especially selfish there, bringing their luggage trolleys right to the front and taking up all the space. Why can’t people understand that taking one step back and leaving the empty trolley behind them would allow more people to see when their suitcases arrive??
* Where do you think that you are in ten years’ time?
If only I knew! Maybe still in Brussels, maybe in Spain… maybe somewhere else? But as long as I am with O and we can easily travel to see family and friends, I’ll be happy.
* What scared you as a child?
My reoccurring nightmares that I could never explain afterwards…
* Who made you laugh recently?
My French friends C and S, we misheard each other so many times today over lunch – probably because of the noise in the restaurant. One of the funniest misunderstandings was when C and I thought that S said that she had once seen a woman “breastfeed a shop keeper / merchant”! Actually, that is not at all what she said; she said that she had seen a woman breastfeed “while walking”!! (au marchand / en marchant)
* Are you too young to own vinyl records?
Definitely NOT! My first real LP (i.e not counting the children’s records) was A-ha’s Hunting high and low that I got for my 11th birthday in 1986! I have lots of LPs and I am not planning on getting rid of them, rather to bring them and a record-player to Brussels.
* Do you have a laptop or a desk top?
* Do you sleep with or without clothes?
With PJs. Don’t like sleeping naked.
*How many pillows do you have in your bed?
Too many according to O, I say too few / only four at the moment…
* How many landscapes / regions have you lived in?
Skåne and Östergötland in Sweden, Hampshire in England, Veneto in Italy, the Canton Geneva in Switzerland, Haute Savoie in France, Bruxelles-Capitale in Belgium and San Juan metropolitan area in Puerto Rico.
* Have you ever puked while drunk?
* Do you prefer shoes, socks or barefoot?
I hate wearing outdoor shoes indoors, but I usually wear my slippers. In Puerto Rico I was always barefoot at home. I love walking barefoot outside in the summer…
* Are you social?
Yes, I would say so. I was very shy as a child but I don’t think most people would say that nowadays 😉
* Which is your favourite ice cream?
Straciatella and frozen yoghurt / I never managed to pronounce yoghurt correctly in Italian, which was very annoying when I lived in Italy and my friends and I would take gelato-breaks almost every day in the summer when writing our master’s theses.
* Do you like coffee?
Yes, I learnt to drink coffee in Italy so I don’t drink percolator coffee (bryggkaffe) but I like a nice espresso.
* What do you drink for breakfast?
Tea or water. Caffe latte on the weekends.
* Do you sleep on any special side?
No, just on my side! I can’t fall asleep on my back and definitely not on my stomach.
* Do you know how to play poker?
* Do you like to “mysa” (to have a cosy time)?
Yes, I love the idea of the Swedish word “mysa” – it can be anything from cuddling with O to light some candles and drink some tea on my own.
* Do you know anybody with the same birthday as you?
Yes, my Spanish ex-colleague’s wife who is one year younger than I. We had a great joint birthday celebration in 2003 in an Italian restaurant here in Brussels.
* Do you want children?
Yes! Hoping that it will happen soon.
* Do you know any other languages than English (questionnaire was in Swedish originally so the question was ”Do you know any other languages than Swedish?”)
Swedish (my mother tongue), French, Spanish and I used to know Italian quite well but I have forgotten most of it due to learning Spanish – unfortunately.
* Have you ever been in an ambulance?
Yes, once. I fell when cycling on a road with black ice in Linköping. I only sprained my ankle but at the time it was thought that I had broken my leg.
* Do you prefer the sea or a pool?
I love the sea! Both O and I really miss living close to the ocean, in Puerto Rico we could see the Atlantic from almost all the rooms in the apartment and we had 2 minutes walk to the beach.
* What do you prefer spending money on?
Books and interior design, dinners in restaurants and travels!
* Have you ever smoked?
* What was the last thing you put in your mouth?
A chewing gum, I hate the taste of coffee in my mouth.
* Who is the funniest person you know?
O, he is the silliest and funniest and can always make me laugh even when I am angry with him!
* Choose a scar on your body?
I don’t have that many scars… Maybe the scar on my chin from where I bit myself (!!) when I fell from a chair on my grandmother’s birthday when I was 2 or 3. My parents thought that I had lost one of my front teeth but it turned out to have been pushed up in my gums!
* Where was the photo taken for your blog header?
In Petra in Jordan, I went there in 2006 while on a work mission in Jerusalem.
* Do you know how to change the oil in a car?
Nope, unfortunately I am completely uninterested in cars…
* Which was the last book you read?
I am about to finish a Swedish collection of short stories called ”Min mormors historia” (My maternal grandmother’s history), which I love!
* Do you read newspapers?
Yes, every day – on-line… When I am at home in Sweden I read the newspaper every morning and I enjoy it so much that I read almost every article!
* Do you have a magazine subscription?
No, for a few years I subscribed to Sköna Hem, a Swedish interior design magazine but I am not sure that it is worth the price for an international subscription when I can buy it in one of the two Scandinavian shops in Brussels.
* When were you last time in church?
My grandmother’s funeral was held in a chapel at the graveyard so I would say Christmas Eve 2010.