Things that I am looking forward to at the moment:
- Not giving birth in the next few weeks / months, please! (week 29 at the moment)
- O not working tomorrow, Thursday (Belgium’s National day) and Friday – one of the summer’s two long weekends (15th August, a Monday, is also a public holiday)
- My parents hopefully coming to Brussels next week and bringing new books
- O’s sister and niece coming to Brussels the week after next (probably not bringing any books)
- My sister coming to Brussels the week after the week after next 😉 – bringing new books I hope!
- Maybe a house call from my French friends S, C and C – the two C’s I don’t think I have seen since we went to Sevilla in May!
- Hopefully finally getting hold of the package that the postman did NOT bring to the apartment on the 6th July. O has to go tomorrow to pick it up at the post office across town (as we have moved and changed postal district), otherwise they will send it back to the sender!!
- Finishing the book mentioned in yesterday’s post so that I can read “One day” by David Nicholls and hoping that I like it better…
- and dig my teeth into “Growing up with three languages” (just finished reading “Growing up with two languages”) and “Third Culture Kids”. I find literature on bi- & trilingualism really fascinating. However, maybe I should also finish a book called “Giving birth without fear” (Swedish, “Föda utan rädsla”) as it might be a more pressing (?) issue than deciding how to communicate with the baby… I don’t really feel fear [yet], but maybe that’s because I am in denial!?
What are you looking forward to?