Some random thoughts from a tired mummy:
- I had completely missed that the Swedish embassy had already closed down in Brussels, even though I knew the decision had been taken. From the 1st July there is no longer any Swedish embassy in the European capital – crazy if you ask me. This means that in order for little V to get a Swedish passport, we need to drive to Sweden, Paris or The Hague to apply for one. Or pay 177 EUR for a temporary one – isn’t that generous of the Swedish authorities? Fingers crossed that the Spanish consulate is more helpful or that we can get a Belgian id asap as we were planning to maybe fly home to Sweden for the 11th November long weekend (World War I Armistice).
- I have NOTHING to wear! And for once even O agrees with me! I gained three kilos during the pregnancy (I know, it is completely crazy!) and have lost 8, which means I am on -5 kilos, nothing to complain about there as I needed to loose weight pre-pregnancy. But, my “normal” trousers are too baggy! Somewhere in storage are my “skinny jeans” that I wore 6 years ago when I met O and we are both very curious to find out if they would fit me now!?
- Blouses & shirts are the easiest tops to wear when breast-feeding but I do not have time to IRON…
- Don’t say that your baby is easy, it will come back and bite you in the ass… Little V didn’t want to lie down at all last night, only sleep on top of me, and on top of that he did No 2 twice in one hour, around 04 in the morning.
- Double-check which day of the week it is before you stress your husband and baby to get to the hospital on time for an appointment, only to find out that it was for the following day (today). Not the same procedure as yesterday, please! Fingers crossed as well that next week’s doctor’s appointment is the last one in the hospital – we are fed up with crossing the whole of Brussels in rush hour to get there. I need to get us a private paediatrician closer to home!
- Having a baby boy means that you have to end up changing the “changing table towel” at least once or twice per day. Shouldn’t have listened to husband who didn’t understand why we needed to buy more than two cheap towels in Ikea. I snuck in a third one but we could easily use another 3 at least…
- Don’t think that you will be able to blog and answer comments, email friends travel advice for Venice and make important phone calls to creches, doctors etc all in one day… Prioritise! Why on earth am I then writing this post right now??