You could say that it is about time that we get a “real” home in Brussels since we arrived back here from Puerto Rico at the beginning of April 2010! I know that most people have lost track of our moves so let me remind you:
- the first few weeks, April 2010: we lived in hotels and with friends
- May – June 2010: apartment-hotel paid by O’s company
- June 2010 – July 2011: renting our friend’s small studio apartment – it was supposed to be for just a few months…
- July – August 2011: Borrowing the apartment of our Swedish friends
- September – November 2011: sharing the apartment of our Flemish friends with them. They are mostly living in Stockholm…
- November 2011 – August 2012: we are going to rent the apartment of our Swedish friends, in other words we are moving back to the place where we lived this summer.
It is still not a permanent home but we are still hoping to find a place to buy and now we have another few months to search for our dream (?) home. The best thing about this move is that we are getting all our belongings out of storage, including those things that we left behind when moving to Puerto Rico. We haven’t seen them since August 2007!