Almost two weeks ago now that we moved to the new apartment and this week I haven’t done much unpacking at all! I have been distracted by visitors (yesterday my three French girlfriends and I were all together again for the first time since we went to Seville in May!), activities (last postnatal class yesterday) and appointments (doctor’s on Tuesday for V’s first vaccinations and hairdresser for me today). Also, it has been “the week of the Irish pregnant friends” – my pregnant boss came to visit on Monday afternoon, I had lunch on Tuesday with a new Irish friend who is due any day now, and I chatted to Irish O on Tuesday evening and she gave birth yesterday to a little boy*!
However, tomorrow I have no excuses; I have to unpack my suitcase, full of maternity wear (where to put it??), in order to pack for V’s and my trip to Sweden on Saturday morning! I have made a list, of course. Some of the stuff is the same as I always bring when we are out and about, but the “extended version”:
- one box of baby formula (do you think that I can change brand when we’re in Sweden or should I bring two, just to be on the safe side?)
- bottle for travelling and will then buy one or two in Sweden
- baby toiletries
- cuddly toy
- blanket, bibs and muslin squares
- clothes – I have to sort out all his outgrown clothes at the same time. Our big little boy weighs 5 kg and is almost 60 cm! I had expected to bring thick winter clothes for both of us but the forecast promises temperatures of 6 to 9 degrees. And my mother told me to not bring too much clothes for V as she’s looking forward to some baby clothes shopping…
- the necessary documentation: V’s “travel certificate”, letter with new Swedish coordination number (samordningsnummer istället för personnummer), declaration signed by O and certified by a friend (“witness”) to allow me to apply for a Swedish passport for V, and his birth cerificate
- ONE (Belgian child healthcare services) booklet as we will get V weighed at the BVC (Swedish child healthcare services) when in Sweden
- empty box of vaccine as I need to check with the BVC if a) if V can get his 2nd round of shots there in January and b) if they use the same vaccine as in Belgium. I am aware that we will have to pay for the shots but it is either that or having to fly back to Belgium from Spain just for the vaccinations instead of flying straight to Sweden from Spain after Epiphany. We might try to get him vaccinated in Spain anyway, if it is possible…
- textiles for the quilt project – my mother and I are going to start “designing” it and then she will sew it. I know, I know, cheating!
- BabyBjörn, which will be V’s means of transport at the airport
I am so happy that I do not have to bring: the pram, the car seat nor a “travel sleeping bag” (åkpåse) since my parents have borrowed / bought all of these bulky things!
Have I forgotten anything?
*) Irish O is one of my four dear friends from my Master’s, and three of us have had baby boys this year!!