V and I are back in Brussels and my to do-list consists of:
- trying to figure out child-care for after Easter… I start to work on the 1st March and my parents are coming to take care of V the first month. Visiting a private creche tomorrow.
- Remove the few Xmas decorations I put up in December
clarify a misunderstanding between me, the HR person and the director. Not so fun 😦 Done!
- re-start, for the umpth time, the house-hunt – absolute deadline is 1st May (we can stay in our current home until mid-August)! We have one house visit on Saturday morning.
- unpack all the boxes…
pack away all V’s outgrown clothes. Done!
- Get O to fix the washing machine that is leaking…
- See an old friend who is coming to Brussels for a work meeting tomorrow
- Appointment at the hairdresser’s on Wednesday
- Meet up with new Irish friend to meet her new baby on Thursday
- Mother & baby group on Friday
- Read “We need to talk about Kevin” for the mother & baby group book circle in February
- Send thank you-cards to everyone who gave gifts when V was born (long overdue!!).
- Print photos for thank you-cards
- Meet up with friends
- Hand over snus that I bought for some Swedish friends…
- Hand over some Spanish chorizo and jamón to friends who have helped us out lately
- Buy a high chair for V, my sister and I bought one for him in Sweden and he loved sitting with us at the table
- Go for walks and sing with V every day. I have put a small cd player in his room and I’m re-discovering all the old children’s tunes (and realising I have forgotten both lyrics and melodies, hence the cd player…)